Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bad Service from Singnet and Singpost

damn.... this is my first time having bad services with Singnet and Singpost.... these ppl are really no brains to do promotions... for Singnet why can't they bundle the whole freebies and sent to customers all together??? why must seperate the freebies and make customers go up n down???

story goes like this....

one fine day, i log on to do a recontract with Singnet due to my contract with them has expired and now they got this promotion that if sign up with them say with 8mbkp speed can get FREE Acer mini notebook, FREE moderm and FREE $30 Takashimaya shopping vouchers.... so i signed up with them for this promotion....

i request the delivery date on the 8th Sept 6pm - 9pm... and i tot they will send all the freebies together to my house on the requested date...

i received an email of the recontract thing... but they didn't mention the procedue on how they will send the freebies....

until on 8th sept... i especially rush home after work just to wait for them then by the time i reached home 7pm plus... my dad told me got a registered letter for me from singpost to collect... as nobody at home when they came... so i tot maybe i go down to post office n collect myself since it is like so troublesome...

then i applied half day leave on today 10th sept.... when i reach singpost guess what i got??

end up i only got an acknowledgement letter from singnet saying i can only collect the notebook from 17th sept to 31 oct at Acer building.... WTF....

then i realised they never mention abt the moderm and vouchers... so just now i called singnet and asked them....

guess what they told me???

they said singpost already sent to my home yesterday 9th sept.... which i dun even received anything or got any calls from them saying they will send the moderm n vouchers down to my house.... WTF

so i asked them got any signed DO to proof that i got received... singnet said they will check it out with singpost and call me back....

and now i'm waiting for their explainations and call..... damn it!!!!

wasting my time rush here n there wasting my half day leave n just to collect that damn acknowledgement letter.... n yet not a single freebies i have got back!!!!!!

aaarrrggghhhhhh

somemore i pay S$55 per month for this promotion.... n now they even got more cheaper promotion which without the notebook.... WTF....

later i still need to pay cab fare just to collect that notebook cos Acer building is located at international business park which is at boon lay area so far from my side here.... omg!!!!!

so ley chey.... if i know that it is like this i surely won't recontract with singnet anymore!!!!

2 comments:

Shionge said...

Gosh...sorry to hear this. Remember to note down all the dates and delay so that a formal written complaint can be lodge ya.

Hope all is fine.

jazzzlin said...

hey.. this happen to me too.. i called them 7 times for the taka voucher and they can't even give me an answer as to where it is.

Keep telling me to wait and wait.