Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Credit card fraud case

To everyone who's reading my blog,

Just a warning and some info for those who have credit cards on hand now, either credit or debit cards, also must be extra careful when checking your monthly statement...

coz.. this is what happened to me... few days back, I went to update my bank book.. and realized how come my POSB debit mastercard got one credit transaction under this merchant called "Adipose RX" then few days later same merchant charged back same USD amount from my account... I find it strange as I never do any transactions online not to say buy anything under USD currency except using it to pay M1 bill under SGD...

so I waited for my bank send me the monthly statement to double confirm it... and indeed, I checked on Google to search for this merchant "Adipose RX" and found out that in other country also got ppl being charged by this merchant without their authorization...

mostly are from USA, Canada and UK ppl... I don't know whether Singapore has anyone face this same problem as me??

and I just realized that in Feb they already charged me once same merchant same amount US$34.84 so I guess they do that credit back in March 13 but then later in March 24 they charge same amount again !!

so last night I had called up my bank about this and they will cancel my this card account and will issue another replacement card within 5 working days and will also send me a dispute form to fill in and pass to them to investigate and hopefully I can claim back my money but have to wait 60 days for the outcome... sigh.... so unlucky for me...

but luckily its small amount SGD53.85 if its big amount, then I sure faint haha...

but strange thing is I wonder how they get my card number and expiry date leh??? this is the most interesting part of all... I really wish to know... hmmm...

2 comments:

Shionge said...

Hey thanks for this post, I always shop online so I think I'll be careful now.

Paul said...

Ya thanks for highlighting.