Saturday, January 20, 2007

Watch ~ " Apocalypto "

After knowing last night shocking news... I decided to catch a movie with Mr N and Ms H @ Cineleisure to make myself cool down from the shocking news and get on with life... as I know life still have to go on, no matter what happened... so right after work, went down to Orchard and meet them to watch this movie called...

" Apocalypto "

This movie is about ~

From Academy Award® winning filmmaker Mel Gibson (“The Passion of the Christ,” “Braveheart”), comes APOCALYPTO: a heart stopping mythic action-adventure set against the turbulent end times of the once great Mayan civilization. When his idyllic existence is brutally disrupted by a violent invading force, a man is taken on a perilous journey to a world ruled by fear and oppression where a harrowing end awaits him. Through a twist of fate and spurred by the power of his love for his woman and his family he will make a desperate break to return home and to ultimately save his way of life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was my first time ever watched such movie in a language very foreign not to compare with Thais or Japanese or Korean... its really different from those normal languages... and you won't hear ppl saying using this language... a very interesting and yet very bloody also and some scenes really qute touching too.... especially there is this scene that those bad guys from another village held these captives and bring back to their own village, when on their way, these captives's children keep following their parents non-stop till they face a quite deep river that those bad guys bring their parents cross over but the children couldn't follow as the river is too deep for them to follow... so the children had no choice and got to bid goodbye to their parents, and one of them told their mother this.. "don't worry, mother. I will take care of them. They're all mine." This was the part when I felt my eyes so teary... but lucky my tear didn't drop off.. haha...

Overall this movie still not bad though... although some scenes really too bloody liao but there still got interesting, funny and touching part of the story to watch... so I shall give this movie 3.5 starts out of 5 ba....

So after the movie... oh yeah... before I mention about our dinner... first let me mention about our lunch we had.. haha... this afternoon I had a marveldicious lunch.. hmm shall I say is Dim Sum lunch? haha... we had at Orchard Taka there at Crystal Jade Dim Sum restaurant... the dim sum there really taste yummy.. and it is my first time too to try Crystal Jade dim sum... but too bad didn't took any pics of it... hmm hopefully if got next time, shall take some and show to you guys ba...

Back to our dinner... ok , so after our movie, we went to this restaurant to have western dinner...


what I can see is they seems like their famous food is Steak... but too bad I don't eat beef... so I tried their another Chef recommend dish which is Drunken Fish n Chip set meal...



this is their Soup of the Day... taste nice... comes with garlic bread....



and my main course is this la... Drunken Fish n Chips... yeah... they said the fish is coated with Beer... hmm... but I didn't taste any beer flavour leh... or is my taste bud spoilt liao? haha... but anyway.. the fish really taste soft and tender... nicey nicey... and after our main course, we still ordered ice-cream as our dessert... but end up all of us didn't really finish up all as our stomach really too full liao... haha...
so after our heavy dinner, we headed back home separate ways....
afterall... really got to thank them and company me... feel much better now... thank you...

1 comment:

Shionge said...

I do enjoy Mel Gibson's film, shall check it out.

How much did you pay for the fish? Looks like a very small portion esp. the salad.