Sunday, May 25, 2008

What is the meaning of Charity?

After reading CurryEgg 's blog about that China girl's video, I just feel that these ppl are really boh liao... instead of giving a helping hand, they choose to critize other ppl or talking nonsense... just like recently that basketball star 'Yao Ming' of his being critized for being so stingy that he only donate by this much to China Sichuan becoming a hot topic on net...

I mean isn't this a charity?? why must these ppl go and critize those who making donation?? I wonder these ppl really got nothing to do and being boh liao to say ppl stingy... and hey, I am not helping Yao Ming to say words but I just feel that doing charity is the thoughts that count not by donating this much that much means oh you're being so generous to donate this big sum of money... this is not the principle of doing charity.. this is called "how lian" (being proud) to show off you're the richest...

I am sure Yao Ming got his own reasons to donate this much... not that he's being stingy or what... now I feel that he's being "forced" to donate more because of those critizism that put on internet...

and also last few days I read about Straits Times newspaper about those big stars like Andy Lau, Jay Chou, SHE, etc... on how much they donate... is making me to wonder how would their fans feel when they saw their fav idols only donate this much or that much... I mean why should these reporters put the amount out... they can always say "Ppl like XXX, XXX and XXX have joined in to giving a helping hand on Charity" isn't putting words like these would make these big stars feel better or rather they would feel embarassed because they saw this this this donate so much while he himself or she herself only donate that much...

somehow I feel that what is the real principle of doing Charity.... instead of they think is the thoughts that counts but now is like "being forced" to do Charity....

1 comment:

Dalicia said...

yeah.....i didn't hear the rich millionaires in china are helping???? btw, yao ming doesn't get a paid a lot compared to the other basketball players