Monday, May 14, 2007

Meaningless Wedding Plan

Soon.... in Nov will get a Red Card from my colleague, J. but I feel that J and Edwin really not that suitable or shall I say not ready to get marriage yet... cause just because of Edwin's 2nd brother wants to get married also in next year so Edwin's mum wants the eldest son, which is Edwin to get married first according to those traditional and old fashion thinking point of views... but this couple who only merely being together for 1 yr and both of them have not much of savings, how can they rushing to marriage without a proper planning n enough savings for the wedding... I find it very meaningless... just because of his mum's wish and rules this poor couple keep urging about things for their wedding and mostly is about money problem....

as J is a malaysian work permit worker and dun have high salary or much savings, and Edwin is a singaporean also dun have high salary and much savings but he is soooo crazy about his precious vehicle van keep motify here n there wasting money on that... sometimes I wonder why guys like to invest their money on this... but I guess is their interest I dun blame them... but what I dun like about Edwin is he just too calculative... everything also want to calculate...

even though J and Edwin's wedding suppose is plan in Nov... I hope they can get the date... as the ROM date is NOT YET confirm lor... OMG... I mean they want to register on that day and on the same time celebrate their wedding all in one shot.. I guess it's really very rush for them as now already May so till Nov still only left with a few months' time... and I know alot of things need to be confirmed and booked ready... but yet... I really feel that the groom is not really sincere to marry the bride... as he everything also want to save money... I know they dun have much to spend for this wedding but... I feel that wedding is just for a ONCE time for the bride n groom... so shld at least have a meaningful and happy one and not a sad and meaningless occasion.. right?

why I said that ? because... due to Edwin's being a calculative and everything must cut here n there... so is making their whole wedding is like too much of a simple one.. I mean the bride is not pregnant leh... is not like your marriage is can't be seen under the sun or what... how can you being so simple that everything u dun want and save your money?? like the wedding venue... suppose J's idea is hold at a chalet (alright J alrdy being good enough n take it easy let u hold in a chalet if not she would have choosen a restaurant already or even a hotel banquet) but Edwin even more daring idea is he wish he can borrow that bungalow house from our boss which that house is for rent right now to hold their wedding... OMG unbelieveable... can u believe one can be so thick skin and being so "cat" just to save money??? and also alot of things the he even want to save ok... those traditional way of marry custom jewellery lah bla bla bla also he dun wish to spend... my goodness.... another more funny thing is... u know what the groom ask the bride ? he ask her how much savings do you have for our wedding?? for god's sake! I'm marrying to you leh... not I'm selling myself to you leh... still need me to take out money??? ridiculous man... somemore he still dare to ask the bride can borrow money from her parents or not??!!! I tell you.. if I were J, I sure slap him once and for all... and break up with him straight away... I mean if you dun have the capablity to get married, why so rush and making u n me so miserable like a whole piece of shit like that.. so poor thing... not that I am pregnant or being so old that u need to rush for a marriage...

sometimes... I just feel so sorry for J... haven't married already being bullied by him.. after marriage I wonder how they can live together... because of this matter J had been cried for few times after urging with Edwin and every urgement is all because of money matter... haiz.... I really start to worry for J's happiness.... will she be happy after that?

I know in this 2000 century everyone goes for simple wedding... but.... after all is just once a lifetime for us ladies... isn't it so ? dun we all want our wedding be a happy and beautiful memories in our lifetime ??? but more important is... would you go for marriage just because of marriage or would you go for marriage because you really love your partner and want to be with your partner for life?

a simple question and yet hard to answer...

3 comments:

Shionge said...

Hmmm.......so early 'cheong' marriage later regret that's all I have to say

Paul said...

I agree with Shionge. Marriage is a lifetime commitment and no child's play, therefore cannot masak masak.

Dalicia said...

up to you if you want to go. but i wouldn't ....we don't decide what's right or wrong for other people. is their life and their problem.

really man...it sounds like a very rough road ahead of them. marriage isn't all that....:)